Search

Monday, July 16, 2012

The POWERLINE saga (final?)

I found a reply on the Western Digital network forum today (some month after my question) there it was actually a great point.
I plugged in 2 of my Western Digital powerlines to a near by socket.
One of them I connected to my PC with ethernet.
I connected one network cable between the both power lines.
Then they all show up under the Local Devices on your computer. Where the red circle is.
image
Then press the Privacy tab and
Instead of the Unknown network name you should add something else
image
This seems to work now!!!! And the speed currently is an amazing 50 Mbit / s where it before was less than 20.
If going back to the private tab it show the default one.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. Did you connect the powerlines on the same plug point or just next to each other? also does it matter in terms of sequence? i.e. plug in power first then to computer, etc.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete