Search

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rasp Pi temp sensor is back!

For a long, long time my one wire temp sensor that is connected to my Raspberry Pi and integrated to my Vera has shown identical value.
I was pretty sure some upgrade of the Raspberry Pi had broken it some how and after some evening of googling I found a way to see the temperature again:

Disable the device tree:
$ sudo raspi-config
Goto 8) Advanced -> A5) Device Tree and choose no.
 
Install the updater firmware updater:
$ sudo apt-get install rpi-update

Then update (don't forget to take backup etc, etc.) and reboot:
$ sudo rpi-update
$ sudo ldconfig
$ sudo reboot
to update your Rpi firmware
WARNING: This update bumps to rpi-4.0.y linux tree
Be aware there could be compatibility issues with some drivers
Discussion here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=113753

See and behold, the temperature is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment