Search

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Older Ubuntu upgrade fails with 404

Man was I stuck! My Raspberry Pi has been running nicely in a corner doing things what RPi's does best, like measuring temperature, taking pictures, shining the leds etc. I thought I should give it the traditional treatment "sudo apt-get update". But no, and no. It just answered with error 404.
So after sometime I understand that the friends at ubuntu is doing something to me pretty strange. Ubuntu move their files around, in some kind of house keeping attempt, on their servers so nobody should be able to simply any longer update their machines, since they belive they are too old, one day.
Even microsofts older un-supported OS's can often be upgraded with out poking in the registry.
Well, as always very little is impossible and all you have to do is edit your source list and good instructions are available on Ubuntus pages:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/91815/how-to-install-software-or-upgrade-from-old-unsupported-release

No comments:

Post a Comment