Search

Monday, May 5, 2014

Foscam FI9805W and Micasa Vera

Purchased the Foscam FI9805W for 158€ online, no shipping cost, since I needed a good outdoor camera with IR.
It was a bit tricky to add to the Vera so I have documented it here.

First download the firmware and upgrade your cam, registration is needed.
This tutorial is based on:
System Firmware 1.4.1.9
Application Firmware 2.14.2.8
Plug-In Version 2.0.2.10

Under Port settings I changed HTTP port to 80. Seems to require a restart.
Remeber other basic stuff as changing user name, password, Camera time etc.

In Vera I had already a PTZ cam from foscam but I went ahead and installed a newer foscam app from the app store. Foscam IP Camera 2.6

The I installed the camera the "normal" way. Selecting add IP camera, select Foscam from dropbox. In the picture box I added:
/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=YOURUSERNAME&pwd=YOURPASSWORD&
(don't forget the last & after the password!)

Username and Password must also be filled in into each own boxes.

When the camera is added I added also the MAC, changed timeout to 10.
impl_file I_FoscamPTZ.xml
device_file D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml

And there it is. Visible in Vera!
The preview icon did not work at the beginning but without actions it's now working ok, one day after. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi.

    What is your Vera ? I have the most recente Vera Edge and I can´t add it to Vera.

    Tks
    Nuno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask the support staff http://getvera.com/support/ they are allways providing excellent support.

    ReplyDelete